Friday, August 20, 2010

Here and there

Hey hey. I'm sorry a week slipped by without an update! I had been feeling under the weather for the past week but I'm now back to my normal self. I realized that I packed very badly when I saw that I didn't even bring Tylenol! Before I fully update you on what's happened in the last week, I'd like to leave you all with some eye candy.

This is a picture of a bunny that someone keeps drawing in one of the classrooms. It's funny because Mr. Bunny would reappear in a different set of clothes the very next day! This is one my highlights that I look forward to...

And this is a bakery right around the corner and in between my apt and the Hakwon (school). It's called Paris Jean and very lovely inside.

Mousse Cake

Various cakes. I almost bought one for myself but then I thought, not only is that sad but fattening. Very fat.

So I just resorted to a macaron, mini pumpkin pie and apple juice. Now that I think about it, all this combined prob amounted to the same number of calories as a whole cake. I shared my pumpkin pie with the other teachers at the hakwon later on. But meanwhile I enjoyed my macaron and juice in the company of...

the Sex and the City cast.

And here is Mary. I met her at ICC (International Community Church) last Sunday which, by the way, is an awesome church with committed, fun, and loving believers. I feel extremely blessed to be a part of this group. We and a bunch of others went out to go watch Toy Story 3 in 3D for 14,000 Won which was the cost of my finger. That woman in the back was one of the characters in the movie. jk.

To get to the Hakwon, I have to cross this main intersection to reach the other side of the road where the man/woman is jogging in sandals. I turn the corner...

And continue walking.. until I reach the hakwon on my right.

I'm working on another Saturday which really stinks. I haven't quite figured out if I want to continue with the normal curriculum on a weekend. Should I just let the students off easy? What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Jessica!! I'm so glad to see that you're doing well in Korea. I miss you greatly!! I love your blog...please keep it up so I can keep track of you! :)

    Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unni!
    Im so happy that your doing well in Korea! I miss you a ton! I just added you on skype so lets please have a skype date soon!

    ReplyDelete